We hope you can find the information you need on this website.  We have also put together the Frequently Asked Questions section to assist visitors to our site.

If there is anything on here that does not answer your question please contact reception, and if there is anything you think would be good to have on the FAQ section all feedback is welcome.

Can I request my medical records or can I ask my doctor to sign this form?

Medical records

If you require copies of medical records or immunisation lists please make sure that you give 14 days notice

There are charges for non NHS work. These are listed below. All payments must be made prior to collection of medical reports or appointment.

Request forFee   
Medical Reports and Forms£30+
Gym membership£25
Sporting medical reports (excluding boxing)£25
Employment medicals
Heavy Goods Vehicle  HGV£125
Public Service Vehicle  PVS£125
Medical records  
Computer generated
Paper records(dependent on quantity)
Immunisation and Vaccination

Medical reports

If you or your insurer need medical information from your medical record to complete forms or reports for insurance purposes, mortgae applications etc you will need to ensure that you give your consent for this information to the company you are dealing with.

We are happy to provide letters for holiday cancellations, fitness to take part in dangerous sports, gym membership and passports. We do not provide medical reports for boxing clubs.

If you require a report or medical examination to engage in a particular job or profession please bring your paperwork and ask for details at reception.

Covid vaccination guide for older adults

Please click the link below for a comprehensive guide for older adults and the covid 19 vaccination

COVID-19 vaccination: guide for adults – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

How can I cancel an appointment?

You can cancel your appointment by calling our automated phone line on 0116 216 0358 (Patient Partner), you will require a identification pin so please ask reception for this.
Alternatively you can cancel your appointment by text, just text your name and date of birth to 07833292824. Please ensure you leave enough time to cancel your appointment so someone else can use it.

How can I order a prescription?

There are three ways you can order a prescription with the surgery:

  1. Come in to the surgery and fill in an order slip (or you can fill in the white side of your prescription if you have it) and pop it in the order box. We have three of these boxes. The first one is located in the foyer near the pharmacy. The second one is located on the front of the building so when we are closed over the weekend or a bank holiday you can still drop your prescription order in to us so that it will be processed on the next working day. The third one is located inside the waiting room next to the prescription ordering station on the wall. Your prescription will be processed within 72 working hours (weekends and bank holidays not included) and will be ready to collect from your chemist if you have nominated one or will be ready to collect from which every surgery you have indicated on the bottom of your order slip.
  2. Sign up to an online account. To do this just pop into reception with two forms of ID (one must be photo) and we will set you up with a user name and password for your own account.

How do I change my address with the practice?

If you have changed your address and you are still within the practice area all you need to do is let us know your new address and who has moved there with you. You can do this by telephone or by coming into the practice. 

If you have changed your address and are no longer within the practice boundary, you will need to register with a new GP within your new area. We allow patient 30 days to register at another GP practice before removing off our system.

How do I change my name with the practice?

If you have changed your name and would like to update this on your medical records please bring into the surgery your deed poll document or birth certificate, we will ask you to fill in a short form and then this will be passed to the name changes team who will ensure this is changed for you. 

If you are changing your name because you have gotten married we do not need to see any proof of this please just inform the reception staff when you come to fill in your change of name form. 

We are not able to change a name on our system until we have seen the relevant documents except in the case of marriage.

How do I claim for leave from work due to illness?

Employers can ask employees to fill in a form when they return to work to confirm they’ve been off sick for up to 7 days. This is called ‘self-certification’. Employers usually provide their own version of this form, but forms are available at the Surgery or can be downloaded from the www.gov.uk website.

You will need to give your employer a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (previously called a ‘sick note’) if you are off sick for more than 7 days in a row (including non-working days). You will need to ring the surgery to make an appointment to see the Doctor for this.

Follow this link to GOV.UK/taking-sick-leave page

How do I complain?

Practice Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in the practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints that meets national criteria.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out as soon as they happen and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be resolved in this way, and you wish to continue with your complaint, please let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a few days as we will be able to establish what happened quickly. If it is not possible for you to do this then let us have details of the complaint by completing our complaints form.

To print a complaints form please click the link below:

Patient Complaints Form


If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. We keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality and we will require a signed consent from the person you are acting on behalf of.

What will we do

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into it within ten working days of the date you raised it. We will then offer an explanation or a meeting to discuss the issues with the people involved.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of the response to your complaint for further help and advice you can contact the Complaints Office at:

Leicester City CCG
St Johns House
30 East Street

0116 295 0426


How do I get an online account?

To get an online account all you need to do is come in to either surgery and bring in 2 forms of ID one of which must be photo, we will then ask you to fill in a small consent form and give you a print out of your username and password. You would use this to access your own personal account which can be accessed on our website by clicking here Online Services

You will be able to:

  • Order repeat prescriptions (online orders will take the usual 48 hours and is only done on working days)
  • Book pre-bookable appointments 
  • View a summary of your record- your summary includes your last 5 consultations, repeat medication and any allergies you have recorded with us.

Additional Services 

You are also able to access a detail coded version of your record which shows:

  • Any coded problems you have seen the doctor with
  • Updated vaccination history 
  • Results 

To have access to your detail coded record you must request this via your online account, this will send us a notification that you wish to have access to this. We will then amend your access within 14 days so that you can use this service.

To have access to another patients records including children, the process is the same we need to see two forms of ID one of which will need to be photo. To have access to someones account who is over the age of 16 we must have written consent from the patient in order to do this for you.

Forgotten your username or password?

If you need to have your password reset please come into either surgery we will ask for ID just to ensure we are giving these details to the correct person as this is confidential information and access to your medical records. We will then give you a printout of your username with your new password.

Using Your Information Confidentially for Risk Stratification – An Explanation for Patients

Using Your Information Confidentially for Risk Stratification – an explanation for patients

What is risk stratification?

There are two kinds of risk stratification:

  1. The first kind is a process for identifying some patients within a Practice who might benefit from extra assessment or support with self-care because of the nature of their health problems.  The process is a mixture of analysis of information by computer followed by review of the results by a clinical team at the Practice.  

    The analysis can, for example, help predict the risk of an unplanned hospital admission so that preventative measures can be taken as early as possible to try and avoid it.  In the end, it is the clinical team of the GP Practice that will decide how your care is best managed.
  2. The second kind is a process for identifying patterns of ill health and needs across our local population.  This will be done by pulling together all the information in an anonymised file (where your identity has been removed) to look at patterns and trends of illness across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland as a whole. This will help our Public Health Department and those in the NHS who are responsible for planning and arranging health services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (known as commissioners) better understand the current and possible future health needs of the local population.  This will help them make provision for the most appropriate health services for the people of this area.  This group of staff will not be able to identify you as an individual under any circumstances.

In both cases secure NHS systems and processes will protect your health information and patient confidentiality at all times.

What information about me will be analysed?

The minimum amount of information about you will be used.  The information included is:

  • Age
  • Gender
  • GP Practice and Hospital attendances and admissions
  • Medications prescribed
  • Medical conditions (in code form) and other things that may affect your health such as height, weight for example.

How will my information be kept secure and confidential?

Information from your GP record will be sent via a secure computer connection to a special location called a ‘safe haven’ at NHS Arden andGreater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (NHS Arden & GEM CSU) in Leicester This safe haven carries special accreditation from the NHS.  It is designed to protect the confidentiality of your information. There are strict controls in place.  It enables information to be used in a way that does not identify you.  The GP Practice remains in control your information at all times.

Before any analysis starts, any information that could identify you will be removed and replaced by a number.  The analysis is done by computer.  The results are returned to the GP Practice.  Only your GP Practice can see the results in a way that identifies you.     

What will my GP Practice do with the analysis?

The results can help the clinical team decide on some aspects of your future care.  For example, if the clinical team at the Practice think that you might benefit from a review of your care, they can arrange this.  You may then be invited in for an appointment to discuss your health and treatment.  If the Practice thinks you might benefit from referral to a new service, this will be discussed with you firstly.

What should I do if I have further questions about risk stratification?

Please ask the Practice staff if you can speak to someone in more detail.

What if I want to opt out?

If you feel satisfied that you understand what risk stratification is but you do not wish to be included, you can choose to opt-out.  In this case, please inform the Receptionist who can ensure that your information is not included. 

Making you aware of how your information is used

This leaflet is intended to supplement the more general leaflet “How we use your medical records” (also available on our website or from Reception).  It explains how you can access your own health records, how you can get further information and what to do if you any concerns about your information.

What is a medical exemption certificate?

Patients with certain medical conditions can get free NHS prescriptions if they hold a valid medical exemption certificate. Details of these conditions can be found at www.nhs.uk

To claim for medical exemption please ask at your pharmacy for an application form.

Follow this link for NHS Choices – help with prescriptions costs

What is Electronic Prescribing?

The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the pharmacy you choose to get your medicines from. You will not have to visit the surgery to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, it will be sent electronically to the pharmacy you choose. You will be able to choose any pharmacy close to where you live or work, reducing waiting times for your repeat prescription. Please ask your pharmacist or collect an application form from the surgery.

Will my doctor sign my passport?

Our GP’s now do not sign passport photos.